Roofing problems -rolled roofing

randlemp

[?]

I have a 12-2 pitch roof on a duplex. As far as I know, rolled roofing is the only roofing material I can use. However, I have a chronic problem of the roof developing wrinkles not long after it is installed. I have been using 15# felt under the roofing. Does anyone have suggestions as to what is causing this problem and how to prevent or minimize wrinkles inrolled roofing? Any help would be appreciated.

[?]

I have a 12-2 pitch roof on a duplex. As far as I know, rolled roofing is the only roofing material I can use. However, I have a chronic problem of the roof developing wrinkles not long after it is installed. I have been using 15# felt under the roofing. Does anyone have suggestions as to what is causing this problem and how to prevent or minimize wrinkles inrolled roofing? Any help would be appreciated.

Gravity.

What Kurt said. Specify 'Torch down' mod bit. Secure the felt well in the field of the paper.

Marc

I have a 12-2 pitch roof on a duplex. As far as I know, rolled roofing is the only roofing material I can use. . . .

You need to know farther.

You can use a traditional built up roof, a mod bit roof that's torched down or cold process applied, one of the plastics like TPO or PVC, or an EPDM membrane.

There are lots of good choices. Roll roofing is for low rent dog houses.

Bitumen roofing is the best way.The bitumen roofing system is a hybrid built-up roof. It has the benefits of the built in redundancy of the BUR, along with the added strength, flexibility and UV resistance of a modified membrane. Bitumen or "modbit" membranes consist of an asphalt and polymer blend which allow the asphalt to take on characteristics of the polymer. There are several surfacing option for this system which include a factory applied mineral surface, a gravel surface laid in bitumen or a liquid applied coating that is typically reflective in nature.

http://www.pioneercaps.in/