Magic Johnson speaks on behalf of Jay Vincent

Chad Fabry

In a highly publicized case, Magic Johnson requested that the court "have mercy" on Jay Vincent for defrauding at least 18,000 home inspectors of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Johnson states that Vincent was a long time friend and former team mate and that Vincent couldn't make restitution to the victims of his advertising scam if he was in jail.

Click HERE for the entire article.

Johnson says Vincent made one bad decision.

That must have been when he defrauded the first guy; however, after that first poor decision the other 17,999 could only have been carefully considered and thought out intentionally criminal acts.

I wonder if Johnson charges by the hour or instance for his celebrity testimonials; I know someone in prison who's a lot more deserving of a break than Vincent.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Off the subject: Is that a Studabaker Hawk, or a mini European look-alike? It's hard to tell, because the photo's a bit scrunched.

The day the Washington beltway opened up, a schoolmate took a bunch of us for a ride around the entire beltway in his pop's Hawk, at speeds so high that we finally blew out the cloth headliner, which popped down on us, like an air-bag. It scared the crap out of us, and how we stayed on the road is a story for the guardian angels that must have been aboard...

Michael,

Please take your entire post off!! Do not get him started on Studebaker Hawks. Call his wife and see how she feels about this automobile.

Back on track - I personally know these guys and gotta tell you Magic is off base on this one. Magic is a very nice person, kind, good community person, good business man and lastly very loyal to his team. Jay Vincent is quite another story. He is a crook. I have personal experience with him on other matters and issues. He belongs in prison. Just my opinion.

Magic can do better than defend Vincent.

[quote name="hausdok

Grrr' date='

Stop calling my Packard a Studebaker!

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike"]Oh, wow! The man across the street from me, as I was growing up, had two Packards - identical and about the color of the online button for our site. He kept them both humming like sewing machines.

Of course you know that the WWII PT boats were powered by twin Packard engines!

"This above all: to thine own self be true." - William Shakespeare

[quote name="hausdok

Grrr' date='

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike"]

Oh, wow! The man across the street from me, as I was growing up, had two Packards - identical and about the color of the online button for our site. He kept them both humming like sewing machines.

Of course you know that the WWII PT boats were powered by twin Packard engines!Yep,

My father lied about his age in order to get into the Canadian navy in order to get into the fight. They found out he was too young and kicked him out; so he left Cape Breton, went to Massachusetts and spent the war building PT boats in Ipswitch, Massachusetts. That's what got him interested in construction. After the war and until he died he'd always wanted to find one of those boats and restore it, or build himself a full-sized replica, but he never did. That would have been friggin' awesome!

Enough! Like Les said, don't get me started!

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

[quote name="hausdok

Grrr' date='

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike"]

Oh, wow! The man across the street from me, as I was growing up, had two Packards - identical and about the color of the online button for our site. He kept them both humming like sewing machines.

Of course you know that the WWII PT boats were powered by twin Packard engines!

Yep,

My father lied about his age in order to get into the Canadian navy in order to get into the fight. They found out he was too young and kicked him out; so he left Cape Breton, went to Massachusetts and spent the war building PT boats in Ipswitch, Massachusetts. That's what got him interested in construction. After the war and until he died he'd always wanted to find one of those boats and restore it, or build himself a full-sized replica, but he never did. That would have been friggin' awesome!

Enough! Like Les said, don't get me started!

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

My Pop fibbed about his age, as well - backing it up with a letter from his mom, so he could get into Navy flight school. The war ended before he graduated, but fibbing to get in was a very popular thing to do. They really were the Greatest Generation, in my book. It must have been all that untreated mold back then...

Today most fib to get in MCSE school and don't want anything to do with the military. In a couple of more generations our military will be like the Dutch army where they allow them to unionize, grow their hair long and smoke pot.

Arrgh! There I go off-topic again. Stop it! Stay on the subject of the scumbag Jay Vincent and his proclivity to steal from folks.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I hope the judge has a sense of humor and sentences him to 9 years of crawl space inspections.

Jay is not at his playing weight now, but he sure is still tall! I don't think he could get into a crawl space.

Michael, don't you think that P "thing" looks like a Studebaker? At least most Studebakers had a center point in the grille.

I fibbed on my very last of 2 years worth of job applications that followed my graduation from school. I put down that I had no handicap. My first and last acceptance letter arrived in the mail the next day but it was over within 30 seconds of walking into the office. Couldn't hide my deafness.

I ain't old enough to know either packards or studebakers.

Marc

I'm not any sort of expert nor afficianado of the Packards or Studebaker (Hawk), but I had a close friend that had a Studebaker Hawk whilst growing up back in the day.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201191175416_Packard.jpg

10.85 KB

Packard

Click to Enlarge
tn_201191175444_Studebaker-Hawk.jpg

17.38 KB

Studebaker-Hawk

And none of this has anything to do with the OP - [;)]

The fellow across the street from me with the twin Packards had beastly looking sedans - apartment green. Both were within a year of each other and were most likely 1952 vintage. This is the body style and grille, for sure:

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011911925_Packard_Patrician_400_2552_4-Door_Sedan_1952.jpg

36.95 KB

Les, now that I look at a Hawk, I don't know why I thought Mike's car was one - no real resemblance at all. Oh, well.

Mike's Packard kinda looks like a catfish - very hydro, I mean aerodynamic. I'm just playin' Mike. It's a cool car. I've never even seen one.

Hm.. I'm beginning to suffer from remorse for torpedoing Chad's thread. A gauntlet might be in order...