Too Many Roof Vents?

Charles

Good morning.

Posted same stuff over on the ASHI Forum but wanted to see what you guys have to say about something I discovered yesterday during a builder one year anniversary inspection.

Home is a wood frame structure with a plaster finish. Approximately 3600 square feet under roof.

The picture illustrates a large number of roof vents installed opposite of each other along the ridge.

In my mind this would appear to defeat the purpose of the off ridge vents where they would simply draw air from the nearest vent (opposite or adjacent).

Thoughts?

Charles

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Roof Vents.JPG

155.18 KB

I agree with Marc. Those vents don't appear to be much different than a ridge vent and as long as there are soffit vents in place with the air baffles/waffles to allow air flow from the eaves into the attic it should be just fine.

Now ... if someone were to install a powered vent fan near the vents that could then cause a whole 'nother problem. Thank goodness they did not do that.