Google Chrome

Have any of you used Google Chrome as a browser? I just started using it and it blows IE out of the water on my older XP machine. I'm loving it so far. Way faster browsing and I like the built in spell checker like that in MS Word.

What have I been waiting for?

What other useful features will I learn to like?

Is the password saver a secure function?

Been using it since it came out. There's a couple issues, but only a couple. Once you learn to integrate it into the Google suite of offerings, it's stunning. It's not a browser, it's an OS.

I don't know why anyone would bother with the MS hairball suite of products. In addition to being slugs, you have to pay. Old people will remain locked into Word, but there's better ways to go.

Been using it since it came out. There's a couple issues, but only a couple. Once you learn to integrate it into the Google suite of offerings, it's stunning. It's not a browser, it's an OS.

I don't know why anyone would bother with the MS hairball suite of products. In addition to being slugs, you have to pay. Old people will remain locked into Word, but there's better ways to go.

I've tried them all; got them all installed on my computer. Can't see a difference; except that with Chrome my screen looks washed out. Don't see any difference in download speed; I blink and the page I want is there. How much faster do I need it to be? Don't know what the "hairball" is 'cuz I've not had any problems with I.E. that I can recall in more than 15 years of using it. I guess I don't have enough compuskills to know what the difference is.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Download speed isn't the thing; they're all fine and largely dependent on your ISP.

Chrome is an OS. If you are locked into MS products, it's of no particular use. If you aren't, and you work in groups scattered all over, it's a miracle.

Except in China. Google systems in China don't work.

Most folks our age can't change from MS. Talk to a youngster about Chrome, you get another story.

If you really want to take your internet to the next level using Chrome, start using the extensions.

Click the wrench in the upper right hand corner of the window. Go to Tools---> Extensions. Then browse the database for whatever your heart desires. I have around 20 or so installed, different ones for different sites.

Like one called Hover Zoom. When someone links a picture on this site, all I have to do is mouse-over it, it opens the full size image without a click. Mouse-off and it disappears. This also works for all images on sites like Facebook.