Beautiful siding install

Robert Jones

• 4 months later...

Bubba needs to learn how to set his air nailer or give up and use a hammer.

true. I stopped a condo residing on the first wall, when they were doing the same thing.

The 'workers whose first language is not english" doing the work claimed they were unaware that there was An adjustment on the air compressor!?!?

For what it's worth, one does not change the depth of drive by adjusting air pressure. Air pressure has to be sufficient to drive through sheathing or into a knot in a rafter.

Depth of drive changes are made at the device. Maybe the installers knew how to set the depth of drive but had no clue what you were going about regarding the air compressor. I've shot a gazillion nails at 150 psi into a wide variety of materials ranging from old cinder block chimneys to plantation grown pine. As was necessary, I adjusted my nailers/ staplers to the specific conditions.

For what it's worth, one does not change the depth of drive by adjusting air pressure. Air pressure has to be sufficient to drive through sheathing or into a knot in a rafter.

Depth of drive changes are made at the device. Maybe the installers knew how to set the depth of drive but had no clue what you were going about regarding the air compressor. I've shot a gazillion nails at 150 psi into a wide variety of materials ranging from old cinder block chimneys to plantation grown pine. As was necessary, I adjusted my nailers/ staplers to the specific conditions.

they were driving the fastners almost all the way thru hardie planks