random thought

Damn sheet lightning! Every time it flashes while I'm driving at night I think I'm getting another automated traffic ticket.

Got three so far this year. They're sure good about strategically positioning them to get the most bang for the buck.

BTW, damn the automatic traffic cameras too!

Ah yes... the automatic traffic cameras.. I went to my Wheaton High School re-union. It was our collective 60th birthday celebration. Eighty-nine out of a class of 568 attended. It was a great time.

A few days later I receievd a letter from the state of Maryland with an impressive picture of the rear end of my Durango: $45.00 please! (At least there are no points involved, but what a cash cow for the state of Maryland... Brilliant!) I must say, the particular stretch of road I was on certainly didn't seem like a 35 MPH zone. It had the look and feel of a highway. Oh well, it definitely could have been worse, and I do agree: I bet folks are a lot more attentive to road signs up there.