large opening runs under the house with a sumppump

nreldred

I found a house that I would like to buy but there's a large opening from one side to the other side of house it has a 3 block high wall 3 sided so you can get under the house and there's a sump pump under the home.

I see the house at one time had termites,the home is wood and stucco and I found weep holes on one side,would this opening been put in place because of low water table and the water was entering the foundation ?I can see the ground under the home is wet.

Should I walk away from it and look for another home ?

I found a house that I would like to buy but there's a large opening from one side to the other it has a blocked retainer wall and there's a sump pump under the home.

I see the house at one time had termites,the home is wood and stucco,would this opening been put in place because of low water table and the water was entering the foundation ?

Should I walk away from it and look for another home ?

I have no idea what you're trying to describe.

In Orlando, I'm sure it is a slab foundation. If there is a big opening under the slab foundation - go find another house. In FL there is a very high water table (because FL close to sea level) which is why almost all houses are on slab with some older / poorer houses built up off the ground supported by cinder blocks. Send in some pics.

Then while your waiting for replies, click the home tab on the top of this page and use the Inspector Search on the top left corner of the page to find and hire a local inspector.

Is that link working? I have tried several times over the last several months to get that link to work so I can be added but it always go to some html garbage.