Do we have a virus?

As of Wednesday morning, FireFox will not let me access TIJ.

Chrome first gives me a warning about TIJ being related to "the Inspectors Journal" a known infected site. When I click ignore, it tells me that the Inspector's Journal is related to Ateperblizko.c*m, a known infected site. When I get that far and click ignore, it lets me in.

And I thought Peggy had his hands full running USA Prime Credit.

. . .

Now Mike's going to have to google that. . .

Nah,

I saw that commercial.

I have a pretty good virus anti-malware service. It oughta be, it costs me $300 a year. It grabs anything that even smells like a virus, quarantines it and then waits for instructions. It scans my computer every night and quarantines anything that any site has tried to attach, etc.. As part of the service, I have free tech support for anything on my box 24/7/365. When we got hit it did it's thing. I told it to block it and it did. Yesterday, for the second day in a row it happened again and I blocked it again. Then yesterday I had the live tech support guys remotely access my computer and go through it from top to bottom to make sure that thing didn't get past the firewall. It was clean as a whistle.

This morning there wasn't any pop-up when I clicked over to TIJ, so I'm pretty sure it's gone for now.

We can't know for certain whether Boris will be back or not, but it looks like we're OK for now. I think those programs that have blocked you guys are not actually scanning our site. I think they're simply keyed to Google's bad site alert somehow and they're going to keep throwing up warnings until Google has scanned our site and is satisfied that the bug is no longer here. I don't think there is any way to rush that process.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

We found out how he uploaded the php script that wrote the other iframe code... that hole hasn't been blocked yet but the php scripts will no longer run on the server. The php script was used to write the iframe script with the virus in one of the other javascripts we have. This was certainly an attack directed at TIJ and he had to spend a bit of time to make it happen.

Now we need to have google rescan the site.

It could have been worse. If he hadn't nuked all of the links Boris dropped and someone had clicked on one there's no telling what might have happened if Boris had been able to get into that person's computer. The Russians are some of the best identity thieves on the planet.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

It could have been worse. If he hadn't nuked all of the links Boris dropped and someone had clicked on one there's no telling what might have happened if Boris had been able to get into that person's computer. The Russians are some of the best identity thieves on the planet.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

And what about my ignorant ass? I never got any warning like you guys did. Just kept getting kicked to that page when I clicked on the TIJ icon.

Is anyone else here surprised that Fabry pissed off the Russian Mob?[:-dev3]

Just think how bad it could have been if this had happened about four years back, before Chad got hit on the head by a brick - or whatever it is that mellowed him considerably... [:D]

I think it was the romance with a particular yew that did it. He's never been the same since she left him.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Was it a romance with a yew (tree) or ewe (sheep)?

For those who weren't around to enjoy the original performance.

Chad is the one running with the scissors while holding tightly to the sheep!

[utube]

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344">

While I lack personal experience, lore has it that it works better if you stick their hind legs in your hip waders![:-monkeyd[:-monkeyd

Was it a romance with a yew (tree) or ewe (sheep)?

For those who weren't around to enjoy the original performance.

Chad is the one running with the scissors while holding tightly to the sheep!

[utube]

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344">

While I lack personal experience, lore has it that it works better if you stick their hind legs in your hip waders![:-monkeyd[:-monkeyd

Ha!

I knew I'd screwed that up. I looked at it and looked at it and said to myself, "Yew, isn't that a tree; but that's a sheep too, no?" Just another sign that my brain is finally turning to silly putty.

Thanks, Erby. I'll go gum my mash now.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Just think how bad it could have been if this had happened about four years back, before Chad got hit on the head by a brick - or whatever it is that mellowed him considerably...

For about 23 years, I owned bricks and mortar businesses- lots of employees, lots of inventory, lots of accounts receivables (just as many accounts payable), 941 filings, sales tax returns, parts proliferation and skyrocketing property taxes and insurance.

At the end of '05 I decided to do a month of the FEMA gig and it turned into three months. I came home, paid the bills, closed my vendor accounts, locked the doors and put up a FOR SALE sign on the front doors.

I literally work 50 fewer hours a week than I used to, and I can gross over a million dollars less per year and still make a living.

Just think how bad it could have been if this had happened about four years back, before Chad got hit on the head by a brick - or whatever it is that mellowed him considerably...

For about 23 years, I owned bricks and mortar businesses- lots of employees, lots of inventory, lots of accounts receivables (just as many accounts payable), 941 filings, sales tax returns, parts proliferation and skyrocketing property taxes and insurance.

At the end of '05 I decided to do a month of the FEMA gig and it turned into three months. I came home, paid the bills, closed my vendor accounts, locked the doors and put up a FOR SALE sign on the front doors.

I literally work 50 fewer hours a week than I used to, and I can gross over a million dollars less per year and still make a living.

I hear ya! About three months ago, I held a three day estate sale, and sold everything that I owned - as if I had died. Then, I moved into my paid for fairly plush travel trailer, and stuck it on a decent camp ground, at a strategic point near the crossing of the two largest highways north of town. That was the final step, through a three year process, that netted me a reduction in cost to live of right at 78%. I'm very thankful that, like you, I've done a lot of things in my life, but there's a lot to be said for a simpler fairly stress-free life too.

Now, I'm seeing my kids, grand kids and parents, who are all over the country, three times as much as I was. And, if I ever see a paint brush or rake again, it will be too soon. I prefer a mountain bike, jet exhaust as I leave for some part unknown, watching my cruise ship set sail, snowboarding, etc.

Happiness is the true diamond that no one can take from you. One can only give it up...