Plant based diet

But, it's that farming thing that allowed civilization to develop. Can't run a civilization when you're following herds and weather cycles across a landscape or continent.

And, hunting/gathering didn't guarantee folks ate.....folks started growing food because it was necessary.

That's absolutely true! The irony is that world wide markets make it possible to eat, as if we are hunters and foragers, without ever leaving the neighborhood.

I suspect that eating as if we are hunters and foragers, is best for us health wise, which doesn't altogether rule out gardening or livestock - just processed foods.

I similarly wonder about the rule of eating lots of small meals. It seems that in the beginning, we probably lived lives of constant feast and famine - just like a pack of lions. Some days we ate, and some days we didn't. I wonder if irregular eating doesn't keep all of the body mechanics functioning properly.

When we first arrived on the continent, the native Americans found it strange that we ate by the clock. [:-magnify

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic