FENIX FLASHLIGHTS, ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS

frankrob

Hi everyone,

My name is Frank, if anyone has a question about Fenix Flashlights please feel free to ask me.

Fenix Light have been aroun for 10 years and continue to create awsome lights that are quality built and user friendly. From27 lumens to a huge 2200 lumens, they can light-up any situation you may find yourself in.

I can recomend a good light based upon your needs or battery type you wish to use.

Again if anyone has a question please feel free to ask it.

Thanks,

Frank

Hi Neal,

When you say it won't work? not at all, or intermittent? Have you tried cleaning the tail contact points(threads)?

Frank, my Fenix TK 30 tail-cap switch is not functioning after about a year of use . Since the tailcap switches are so awesome, can I give you an address so you can send me a new one, for free?

Thanks, Neal

Mine just plain crapped out. Cleaned, adjusted, etc., etc......nothing.

Can I have a free tail-piece too?

Normally, we delete advertisers, but if you're willing to send me a free switch...........[:-paperba

Do you have a TK30 as well? have you ever contacted the dealer or Fenix about this issue? generally they are quite good with warranty issues. As for replacement I would be paying that myself, I am not directly linked to Fenix. Yes i am a dealer and am willing to try and resolve some of the tail cap issues. your warranty usually will be through your dealer as Fenix offers up-to 30 months warranty.

I have a TK15 and wore the rubber off the tail piece from lots of use. Replaced it with the extra one that came with it and wore that one out. I had to go around and around and around with someone is at the manufacturing plant in China to try and get a new rubber covering and it was not until I got snotty that they finaly got me one. And yes my switch does not work very well anymore. I now use it as a back up flashlight - can I get a new tail piece /switch too.

I never see where anyone has dealt with the dealer who sold them the light. Spare parts are available and can be brought in quite easily. Maybe the problem is not the lights but the dealer who is selling you the lights. I supply the police where I live and they love the lights;output and functions that seem to meet the demands of police officers.

The rubber boot will wear on any light you buy, thus you should be able to order spares for this from your dealer.

Maybe I should buy an Olight before my Fenix goes down...

I really liked my fenix TK series until I got an Olight.

No offense, I also have a Fenix TK35 for those times I need to really light it up. I was looking at a boarded up joint the other day for an investor; pitch black inside. I turned on the TK35 and turned it into daylight in there.

No offense taken I have an Olight M31 triton as well. The best performance you can get out of your TK35 is with the AW 3100mAh rechargeable batteries, best on the market. The cost more than Tynergy or Surefire but in my opinion they are worth it. Extended run-time and you save on battery cost. Even CR123 are not bad for prices if you look around.

I really liked my fenix TK series until I got an Olight.

No offense, I also have a Fenix TK35 for those times I need to really light it up. I was looking at a boarded up joint the other day for an investor; pitch black inside. I turned on the TK35 and turned it into daylight in there.

I never see where anyone has dealt with the dealer who sold them the light. Spare parts are available and can be brought in quite easily. Maybe the problem is not the lights but the dealer who is selling you the lights. I supply the police where I live and they love the lights;output and functions that seem to meet the demands of police officers.

The rubber boot will wear on any light you buy, thus you should be able to order spares for this from your dealer.

Interesting as the lack of dealer support goes to more than one dealer. I worked with three until I finally got one via an arm-twist to send me a replacement switch and rubber boot.

The other two said I had to communicate with the manufacturer overseas for replacement parts.

Not a good support mechanism for a pretty doggone good light.

I have a TK11, TK15 and an O-light M20-X

The Fenix lights are spares due to lack of good support.

If you know of the "good, responsive" dealers here in the Lower 48 it would be nice to know for the rest of us who still keep the Fenix lights at the ready.

Sorry to hear that. I am up in Canada, as for dealers down in the United States that are reliable ? I will ask my distributor if he knows any. I have the pleasure of dealing with an excellent distributor and that makes warranty issues easier to deal with for me. I send pic's and documentation and I am sent replacement parts for the light in question. on-line or not business is about customer service, same as in your business. If you don't have you won't have a customer very long!

Interesting as the lack of dealer support goes to more than one dealer. I worked with three until I finally got one via an arm-twist to send me a replacement switch and rubber boot.

The other two said I had to communicate with the manufacturer overseas for replacement parts.

Not a good support mechanism for a pretty doggone good light.

I have a TK11, TK15 and an O-light M20-X

The Fenix lights are spares due to lack of good support.

If you know of the "good, responsive" dealers here in the Lower 48 it would be nice to know for the rest of us who still keep the Fenix lights at the ready.

TK15 lasted 1 month before it quit working and you never returned it? but instead you choose to use it as a paper weight. Interesting concept, but you were able to receive a replacement light and chose not too. I am glad to hear in the end you figured out a use for it anyhow.

My TK-15 lasted about a month. My thinking is that for 80 bucks I shouldn't need service for a while, convenient or not. I'm now using it for a paperweight and haven't had anymore issues.

• 1 month later...

I have a couple Fenix lights that see quite a bit of action. Other than replacing the little rubber boot on the switch of the TK11, I have had zero issues with mine. I spend a fair amount of time crawling around in enclosed cargo holds of ships and my Fenix lights have never failed me. The TK11 fell about 20 feet to the tanktop of a ship and still works fine.

Perhaps I'm lucky!! :)

-B

I have a couple Fenix lights that see quite a bit of action. Other than replacing the little rubber boot on the switch of the TK11, I have had zero issues with mine. I spend a fair amount of time crawling around in enclosed cargo holds of ships and my Fenix lights have never failed me. The TK11 fell about 20 feet to the tanktop of a ship and still works fine.

I've got 3 of the TK11's, but only use one full time. My experience has been just as positive.

TK15 lasted 1 month before it quit working and you never returned it? but instead you choose to use it as a paper weight. Interesting concept, but you were able to receive a replacement light and chose not too. I am glad to hear in the end you figured out a use for it anyhow.

My TK-15 lasted about a month. My thinking is that for 80 bucks I shouldn't need service for a while, convenient or not. I'm now using it for a paperweight and haven't had anymore issues.

This light decided to go out in a pitch dark crawl, that may have biased my opinion. If I may quote Kurt;

"Sending crap back to China and dinking around is exactly what I hate; I want something to work."

I decided to buy something that doesn't need so much attention. I can only go with my personal experience.

• 2 months later...

That's a great light. Me, I use my rechargeable Streamlight Stinger LED for most of my inspection and it's very reliable but now for poorly lit basements, many attic's and a lot of nasty crawlspace's I break out my rechargeable Olight SR92 Intimidator it's a killer light that lights up large and hard to access areas like it's daylight-so far absolutely love the flashlight. I have this forum and Kurt for turning me on to Olight. - Many thanks!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho ... ntimidator

John Callan

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 Fenix lights - and all of the tailcap switches have gone bad. I've dealt with where I bought the lights and I can't buy the tailcap switch, I have to send the light back and the tailcap switch is replaced for free but it takes 6 weeks or more. Next light will be an O-Light.

• 1 year later...

I'm 18 months on a Fenix PD31. Very satisfied. No button problems. No problems at all. Bright, bright. You can go low light if you want but I never do. Impact resistant. Waterproof.

The tip of the light has these minor teeth that are wearing out the holster. I suppose they are there to make it look cooler. Bad idea.

$70

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013725205142_010.jpg

43.57 KB

-B

Good for you, but you don't turn yours on and off 60 times a day.