Anyone attending the NAHI Seminar?

Gordon

Hey Everyone! I just got my brochure for the NAHI seminars on June 24-26. Now don't get started on associations, or who's better. I'm just curious if anyone's going to attend? I might take in a few classes here and there, since paying the entire fee & attending all the classes wouldn't be beneficial for me...also, I have to work Friday, and it would be a waste of my time. But they have a few other classes I'm thinking of taking up, if for nothing else, to bone up on a few things.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Originally posted by Gordon

Hey Everyone! I just got my brochure for the NAHI seminars on June 24-26. Now don't get started on associations, or who's better. I'm just curious if anyone's going to attend? I might take in a few classes here and there, since paying the entire fee & attending all the classes wouldn't be beneficial for me...also, I have to work Friday, and it would be a waste of my time. But they have a few other classes I'm thinking of taking up, if for nothing else, to bone up on a few things.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

I don't know enough about NAHI to make any intelligent comment on their particular seminars. However, based on my experiences of other associations' seminars, I think you get way more out of these things by attending the whole event than by picking a class here & there. I learn more in the halls than I do in the classes.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I went to NAHI's last conference in Las Vegas. Some of the classes were OK. 1 or 2 were great. about 1/2 of them were for new people that hadn't done an inspection. They didn't say that but I sat there in class saying to myself; man if you don't already know this stuff you shouldn't be inspecting houses.

The people were very nice and only a couple of them gave me a hard time about being a ASHI member.

Chris is correct though, mingle and talk with the other inspectors there, you will learn as much by doing that as you will going to class.

If you can, go to ASHI's Inspection World in January, Fort Lauderdale Fla. Beaches, swimsuits, beer, collage girls, snorkeling, diving, oh yea, one kick ass educational opportunity also.

• 1 year later...

Vegas has always had very affordable rooms; great entertainment; and easy access from almost anywhere in the country. The NAHI bash will be their 20 year anniversary, so I imagine it will be nice.

The last one I attended they had alot of the same speakers and vendors I see on the ASHI circuit. Less crowded than ASHI's more laid back and very Inspector friendly group.

I saw a lot of the old time ASHI crowd there, and it was less expensive. Flip a coin.

I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary as an inspector. I'm thinking about going to the NAHI Vegas conference Feb 18 - 21 because, I really don't want to stay at Diney Land, CA for the ASHI conference in January. I want (and need) to attend one of the big conferences this year to complete my CEUs for Illinois - what other conferences come along each year?

If you are in a licensed state, you need to double check to make sure that the conference is approved by your state. Illinois is a pain in the butt to get approval, they also require a test at the end so this is just another hoop for the provider to jump through. I'm pretty sure that ASHI has had some of their sessions already approved, I don't know about NAHI.

Regardless of who it is I would check with the state to see if they have approved the sessions, before I pay to go!