Yo! Anyone using Yodle?

hausdok

Talked to one of these guys this morning. Whuff!!! They get an awful lot of moolah per month to get you up there in the mobile search page rankings. Right now I seem to be turning away as much, if not more, work than I can take in - so I'm not really looking for anything, but if things slack off I might be interested.

Even if things do slow down I'm not sure I'm interested in spending nearly $800 a month on mobile web placement if it's just going to mean that the number of folks I turn away every month remains about what it is now.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I have signed on with them Mike, but not at $800. They sent a videographer out to my place and we put together a 50 second clip for use on the www. For me, the video alone was worth it. They charged me $299 for the year to post it to all social media sites to include Youtube.

Shoot me an e-mail if you need more specifics.

It would be me, the inspector and now that you point that out and I listen to it again, all I can say is damn...[:-banghea

The person that TurnHere sent to do the video, was very professional. In and out in about an hour. Didn't have an "office" so it was filmed at my house. There were a few edits that were done pretty quickly. All in all, it was a good experience and hopefully worth the cost...

Hey Mike,

No script. Matter of fact, the videographer was behind the camera asking questions. I just simply answered on the spot so to speak.

The technical shots were all ad-lib. The camera was set on a tripod facing the panel or water heater and I was asked to just move in to the shot and do my thing.

All of the verbal stuff was done in my man cave(note the Bears Super Bowl autographed pic over my right shoulder)[:D]

Nice video, Rob. You come across very well.

If you meet him in person, you'll find that Rob always comes across well.

Rob, did you apply for a vacant seat on the board? You should have, you attended more meetings than most board members, I think.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

OK,

I'm confused (Well, I'm confused as a general rule, anyway....), Rob are you dealing with Yelp or Yodle? The guy from Yodle quoted me $799 a month with no increase for a year. When I yelped about it, he lowered it to $499 and when I got ready to hang up he said he'd forego his $50 commission, as would his supervisor, to get me onboard at $399 a month for the first year. What the hell?!!!

$4788 to get me into first page search engine position and guaranty me X-number of calls per month?

I said, "Maybe I'm a dummy, but since I'm turning away about twice as much work as I can handle right now, why in the world would I want to pay you $4800 a year to push even more work at me that I can't handle and have to refer to other inspectors.

I guess I am a dummy, because he kept explaining it over and over to me like I was a school kid with A.D.D, when everyone knows I'm an adult with A.D.D., and I finally had to just say Thanks, but no thanks and hang up.

I still don't get it. He made it sound like I'm going to be swallowed up by the apocalypse because I don't have a website. I pointed out, "And yet, I keep getting all those pesky calls all week long wanting me to do inspections that I can't accommodate 'cuz my schedule is as full as I can allow it; I must really be an idiot."

Maybe I should have opened a clock shop when I left the military; things would probably have made more sense in that environment. For me, being in a clock shop is like being in church - serene and calming.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike