Hurricane Sandy

I feel your pain Bill. I have postponments by no lost clients, mostly it's due to no power in the houses needing to be inspected. I had to drive on hour to my radon lab today to deliver three tests, two of which were second rounds as the mail is not getting there. The lab still has no power and is running on generators to process test kits.

Everyone is trying really hard to get it done out here and the results are apparent.

Last Fri I was at a friend's house to get warm, they were running the boiler off of a generator. When we got there at 8PM the town was half done removing a big oak that snapped a pole in half and left a transformer on someones yard. Within two hours the tree was gone, the pole and transformer up and power restored. In spite of the gripes from the governers of NJ and NY these guys climbing the wires from all of our surrounding states and the local utilities are doing a great job.

About a mile from my house is a gasoline distributor that invested a few years ago into about 20 or so 2,500 to 10,000 gallon tankers with something like 'disaster response' in big red letters on the cab and tank. The yard is empty now for the first time. The smaller of these trucks are equipped to dispense directly into an automobile, something I had never seen before.

Marc