Radon testing

I am a new inspector in Montana. I have previous experience in California but Radon wasn't an issue there. It seems that almost every inspection here requires a radon test so I'm buying a Sunnuclear unit. My question is regarding liability for the machine once I leave it at the residence? I will be leaving $1,000. in a strangers home. What is the normal process? There currently is no licensing requirement for just about anything here. Thanks for your time. Steve

I have never lost a CRM that I have left in a home but I have gone back to pick a CRM up and found it sitting in the yard! Seems the owner and buyer could not come to an agreement over my home inspection and the ret was history as the say! One good reason to set the machine 2 days prior to the inspection and pick it up when you do the inspection.

We are in Michigan and serve both rural and inner city with couple dozen devices. Never had one stolen, but have refused to leave them in vacant inner city houses for various reasons.

Like Scott, we will find them on the front porch or in driveway on occasion. Had to remove one because it was making the lady's cat froggy. We live to serve.