A what is it question.

Robert Jones

This home originally built in 1910, was gutted and remodeled in 2007. I am not sure what this device is above the master bathroom jetted tub. Anyone run in to these before and can tell me what it is?

Click to Enlarge
tn_201331619641_IMGP5105.jpg

74.73?KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201331619710_IMGP5103.jpg

14.28?KB

Could be a ceiling spout. Was there a diverter that would send the water through it?

I imagine water splashes all over the place when the tub is about half full. Another brilliant designer product like the sink with no unsightly overflow drain. [:-thumbd]

Oddly enough, the splashing is the worst at the very beginning. After there's an inch or two of water in the tub, there isn't so much.

When I first started filling the tub in the picture, the water splashed over the glass partition and down to the kitchen below.

Only rich people can afford to have cold baths, I guess.

After falling 8 or 9 feet through the air, the water is pretty well chilled.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013317132112_Ceiling%20Spout%20(Large).jpg

49.18?KB

How do you take a bath with nothing but glass between you and the traffic outside?

Marc

Only rich people can afford to have cold baths, I guess.

After falling 8 or 9 feet through the air, the water is pretty well chilled.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013317132112_Ceiling%20Spout%20(Large).jpg

49.18?KB

How do you take a bath with nothing but glass between you and the traffic outside?

Or nothing but glass between you and the folks in the dining room, living room, and kitchen on the first floor. . .

Or sit on the Bidet or Toilet. . .

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif IMG_6852 (Large).JPG

86.83 KB

Marc, this is Portland.

I've seen bathrooms like this where they have that glass that clouds out with an electric current; hit a switch, it's private. I'm surprised they don't have the magic glass.

Then again, it's Portlandia; body functions are a natural act, it's politically correct to not care.

I've seen bathrooms like this where they have that glass that clouds out with an electric current; hit a switch, it's private. I'm surprised they don't have the magic glass.

Electrostatic glass. We've got it but we don't use it for modesty.

Then again, it's Portlandia; body functions are a natural act, it's politically correct to not care.

Pretty much. We've got the Naked Bike Ride:

http://bikeportland.org/2012/06/17/lots ... otos-73404

And the naked airport guy:

http://www.kgw.com/news/Naked-fliers-at ... 08166.html

Nobody cares too much about naked people on the 8th floor of a highrise.

I imagine water splashes all over the place when the tub is about half full. Another brilliant designer product like the sink with no unsightly overflow drain. [:-thumbd]

Oddly enough, the splashing is the worst at the very beginning. After there's an inch or two of water in the tub, there isn't so much.

When I first started filling the tub in the picture, the water splashed over the glass partition and down to the kitchen below.

I imagine that the splash coming off the person under the shower would spread quite far.

I imagine that the splash coming off the person under the shower would spread quite far.

Actually, it's just a tub. The shower is next to it, on the right, and completely surrounded by glass.

Yeah,

That must be some kind of northwest mania. They have some kind of parade in the Freemont district of Seattle every year where the participants literally "parade" their stuff.

Naked guys and ladies on bikes and donkeys and all sorts of weird shite. People line up to see it with their kids fer crissake! Naked elderly ladies in body paint - [:-yuck] [:-shake]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...