Artography - Retro

That radio is a Zenith A724, circa 1958 or 9, as if you needed to know.

With new developments in mini tubes in the 50's, they were able to overlap the AM and FM circuits to cut down on parts. They produced some fine sounding radios for a moderate price and many of them were put away in still working condition.

As you might have guessed, taking pictures is a hobby. I try to steal pics of things that look cool during my inspections. I have to do it quickly.

These houses where the 90 year old occupant who hasn't redecorated or changed out appliances for 50+ years are the coolest. I'd love to grab my tri-pod and spend hours shooting dozens of shots with different lighting, angles, etc. All this old retro stuff is just disappearing.

I took this cityscape shot from the balcony of a condo and my client caught me and asked me what I was taking pictures of. I said the view. It was nice. He said yes it was.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201331719026_800.jpg

53.2 KB

I hate when work gets in the way of my hobby. I don't know if the fan works. I didn't turn it on.

Granny Lil had one of those fans a "dare you to stop it" model

turned your voice into an alien pitched dialect when you spoke into the blades

any adult seeing or hearing either of these events directed all children in the room

"y'all get outdoors immediately!"

any disobedient ones got a pop on the rear or tugged out by their ear

thanks for the memory jog, Lamb

many fam & friends long passed...revisited in a momentary glimpse of the good old days

any adult seeing or hearing either of these events directed all children in the room

many fam & friends long passed...revisited in a momentary glimpse of the good old days

Making mental note.

Barry is psychologically damaged and liable to climb up on a roof with a sniper rifle at any moment due to aggregious child abuse when he was a kid.

Don't let any kids read this. It will be too traumatic. They'll end up needing counseling and TIJ will undoubtedly be sued for contributing to psychological harm to a kid's brain and for damaging his/her self esteem.

OT - OF!!!

M.

Making mental note.

Barry is psychologically damaged and liable to climb up on a roof with a sniper rifle at any moment due to aggregious child abuse when he was a kid.

Don't let any kids read this. It will be too traumatic. They'll end up needing counseling and TIJ will undoubtedly be sued for contributing to psychological harm to a kid's brain and for damaging his/her self esteem.

OT - OF!!!

M.

careful there Mike

this mind is still impressionable

hadn't considered the mixing biz with pleasure angle

sport shooting while inspecting

on a recent foray i could have put a few "roughers" out of their misery

would have been an easy drive by...justifiable wildlife management

the new craze in Texas shingling, note the material handling

nothing like some thread drift ;~))

Click to Enlarge
tn_201331975255_DSC00022.jpg