Best Way to Advertise

moni67

Mike, for every body that posts here there are dozens of lurkers who come here to learn something.

I let the mold thing go, knowing it would raise its ugly head in due course.

Re: goofy biz names, its a generation thing, no? It might work for you in the right demograph, a word I learned here.

Don't market to RE's.

Make the statement right on the front page of your site that you don't market to RE's to avoid the inevitable conflict of interest. There's a fairly good segment of the population who will understand that message and call you for hitting that point.

Make your website effective in search engines by optimizing it to relative search terms.

Website all the way. Make it totally in your control and never be owned by anybody. Anyone who makes you will eventually break you.

Real estate channel for a year or so. The return-on-investment didn't justify the expense.

Ditto for a real estate brochure included in every Sunday paper.

But there again, there's a regional dimension to it. Might work in a bigger city.

Marc

Guys, as the homeowner who enjoys reading here for the information you provide as well as the humor in the banter between yourselves I will throw out my opinion on this one.

I work for the government and move every 3 - 5 years (I'm on house #6).

I would never think to look in the newspaper or on TV, so in my opinion those are a waste of money for you. In years past the yellow pages gave me my start in a search and now it is our friend Google. As has been pointed out, a clear and simple web page that is optimized to show up in a search. I have taken recommendations from agents in the past also, but understood the conflicts in doing so.

So, IMHO spend your money on a good website. Nothing turns me off faster than one of the site "templates" that show "Insert Picture Here" and "talk about yourself here" when you click on some of the links.