Jump to content

Gas dryer vent connectors/ transition ducts.

Recommended Posts

What's the difference between semi-rigid and flexible metal? I always thought they were synonymous. In fact here's a link to a dryer manufacturer installation manual that says on page 31: "Use rigid exhaust duct or 521P3 semi-rigid flexible metal duct kit." So they seem to think the two terms are interchangeable.

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif dryer info 503806.pdf

695.93 KB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are UL approved flex venting for dryers

In December 2006 that Underwriters Laboratories established UL 2158A "Clothes Dryer Transition Duct" which is an approved standard for flexible high temperature exhaust duct rated to 430 degrees Fahrenheit, that can also be used on both electric and gas dryers.

One manufacturer of listed transition ducts.

http://www.deflecto.com/products/pc/UL- ... ts-d34.htm

PDF is another manufacturer.

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif UL_Listing_Detail.pdf

523.03 KB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...