Whirlpool motor wall-mounted control switch

Jerry Simon

The tubs should be on a timer for safety / health reasons. Timers will generally run for 15-20 minutes. The agitation of the water can quickly raise body temperature and with some people this can be a particularly dangerous situation.

The other concern with these tubs is bacteria which can flourish in the water lines. The CDC has plenty of info on this.

Mine is a Kohler, GFI protected with a wall mounted timer and off/on push button switch, (mini voltage, not air operated) all supplied by Kohler. Most of these timers have a time limit, mine is 19 minutes. The switch is outside the tub and was designed to be out of reach from inside the tub so you could not keep running it over and over. From experience with my tub I think a timer is a good suggestion as the jets can bruise.

"You should keep hot tub water below 40 degrees Celsius to avoid burns or overheating. Most hot tub manufacturers suggest a time limit of 20 minutes per hot tub session. If the water is over 40 degrees C or if individuals remain in the hot tub for more than 20 minutes, users increase their risk of heat-related illness and injury, including heart attack, stroke and brain damage. Pregnant women should not use hot tubs because the delicate fetal brain is subject to damage or injury if exposed to prolonged periods of increased heat. Young children and babies are also at increased risk for heat-related injury or illnesses caused by dehydration."

Mine is a Kohler, GFI protected with a wall mounted timer and off/on push button switch, (mini voltage, not air operated) all supplied by Kohler. Most of these timers have a time limit, mine is 19 minutes. The switch is outside the tub and was designed to be out of reach from inside the tub so you could not keep running it over and over. From experience with my tub I think a timer is a good suggestion as the jets can bruise.

"You should keep hot tub water below 40 degrees Celsius to avoid burns or overheating. Most hot tub manufacturers suggest a time limit of 20 minutes per hot tub session. If the water is over 40 degrees C or if individuals remain in the hot tub for more than 20 minutes, users increase their risk of heat-related illness and injury, including heart attack, stroke and brain damage. Pregnant women should not use hot tubs because the delicate fetal brain is subject to damage or injury if exposed to prolonged periods of increased heat. Young children and babies are also at increased risk for heat-related injury or illnesses caused by dehydration."

Not to mention causing low sperm counts in men. . .