Aluminum Wiring - Been awhile

Erby

The stars must be in alignment! I had a monster home with aluminum wiring just yesterday. Built in 1968 it had 29 circuits with single strand alum cable. Even had added new AFCI breakers and connected the alum to the new breakers, which I do not believe were rated for alum wire. Actually out of the five outlets and switches I checked in the home none were rated for aluminum! They also had newer copper circuits intertwined in the mix.

Needless to say it is all my fault according to the listing agent! She's a tad upset because the buyer opted to not buy the $2.1M house and moved to the next house on the list.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201359225937_DSCN3998.jpg

57.19 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20135923010_DSCN3997.jpg

70.76 KB

Needless to say it is all my fault according to the listing agent! She's a tad upset because the buyer opted to not buy the $2.1M house and moved to the next house on the list.

You are a spoiler, Scott.

What would it have cost to set the wiring right in the 2 M house? $2 G at the most? Somebody needs to work harder instead of trying to shoot the messenger.