Sun Nuclear Scam?

So, is Sun Nuclear a scam operation?

We placed an order for 4 monitors, they insisted on prepayment of the full cost and promised delivery in a month. The day before delivery was due, they sent us an email notifying us of an "update" to our order - it's delayed by another month.

If I conducted business like this, I'd be out of business.

Is Sun Nuclear a scam operation or are they just incompetent?

The last CRM I ordered from them was similiar. Prepay for the monitor, get an email saying it is a one month lead time, then day of expected shipment, get an email "updating" the shipping date to a week later. The "update" email was accurate.

Scam or incompetent? I vote lacking competency. Some companies survive and even thrive in spite of themselves.

I'd say they are too big to be a scam, but incompetence comes in all sizes.

Scams come in all sizes too. If they're knowingly making false promises about delivery dates, then it's a scam.

Likewise, their web site says "Terms are cash net 30 days starting the day the product transfers from Sun Nuclear or its supplier to the shipment carrier." Yet, when we placed the order, they insisted on payment at the time of the order. That's a scam as well.

Same thing happened to me but I called them and insisted that since they couldn't ship for more than 30 days, they credit the purchase price back to my credit card, which they did. I received the unit 7 weeks after ordering (which was two weeks ago) and they still haven't re-charged my credit card. I'm waiting to see if they pick up on it or not. Incompetent.

Jim, which model did you order?

We ordered the 1028s, mostly so that they would match an existing stock of 1028s.

You would think that they would have that CRM in stock.. I'm pretty sure it is their best seller.

As far as I know, they build them to order.

I don't mind the delay. I mind the deception and the jerking around.

I too have never purchased a new device from Sun Nuclear. I do send my monitors to them for recalibration. They have always been timely and provided good service. They also fixed a broken monitor free of charge.

It's apparent they have the most widely used and sought after CRM's for people like us. It's apparent they know it.

I too have never purchased a new device from Sun Nuclear. I do send my monitors to them for recalibration. They have always been timely and provided good service. They also fixed a broken monitor free of charge.

It's apparent they have the most widely used and sought after CRM's for people like us. It's apparent they know it.

Their main push is in the medical diagnostic equipment field. I bet the allocate a very small amount of time and manpower to the radon equipment production part of the business.

I bet the allocate a very small amount of time and manpower to the radon equipment production part of the business.

Yes. I can't imagine it being any more than a fraction of a fraction per cent of their business, I can easily imagine them getting burned by a few hundred incompetent HI's over the years ("the check's in the mail"), they mfg. to meet (likely teeny) demand, and could give a shit about complaints.