riser height

I would tell my client that I am calling it out, especially if the client is older. Of course there is little that can be done about it. Even if the code at the time is was built was a max of 7 3/4 the AHJ can make an exception. Too late to do anything about it.

Better to tell em about it than get that nasty call.

Had one last fall, retired navy guy moving here for a new job. Told him about it

A week after moving in, he tripped on the stairs, fell and busted his patella (knee cap). Was out of work for a few months. Felt sorry for him, but ?????

I write them up regularly and rant about "leg breaker" stairs.

In GA, the state amends, however, to allow a 3/4" diff between risers, instead of the standard 3/8 allowable diff, at the top and the bottom of a flight, I suppose to allow for changes in floor cover thickness at finish floors and at landings.

Chad's risers meet spec. As far a s GA goes, well, bidnis interests trump all, especially depending on the influence (money) level. Why pin a builder/developer down to a specified floor cover prior to reeling in the buyer/fish on the hook?

Heck in an adjacent county they are so hungry for someone, anyone, to build anything, that they have waived plans review for all commercial comers.