Camera for cavity and duct inspection

Chad Fabry

I was less than awed with See Snake. It works, it's OK, but I thought image quality was marginal; it wasn't much better than sticking my hand in a wall with my regular camera (AW100).

The one's that give the resolution you'd like (Hawkeye) are about $2-3k. Ouch.

The "Whistler" came to me as a present from Costco and my wife. At that time it sold for $150. Probably not available anymore, knowing how Costco operates.

It's ok for what it is. I feel guilty now because I haven't used it for work. But I will someday. The light is not real strong, so you can't see inside a dark space for any great distance. 6 feet with the extension. The image is saved by the monitor unit and can be sent from there by a USB cord to a computer.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201369125724_Borscop2.jpg

51.83 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201369125746_Borscop1.jpg

67.19 KB

I have a SeeSnake--it's marginal if you are really trying to figure out what's going on, but OK for seeing if something obvious is there or not. If the stakes were high (as they might be based on the OP), I would invest in a much more expensive unit that is self-leveling. I like the idea of the unit in Marc's link because you aren't using some stupid little tiny shiddy screen.

• 2 weeks later...