Jump to content

What is this old metal thingy?

Recommended Posts

It's a device for controlling coal furnace dampers before the "automatic regulator" (thermostat) was invented.

The vertical channels on each side held sliders that were attached to chains. The pair of chains operated the draft and check-draft dampers of the furnace.

I can't read the letters on the casting in the pic, but I've seen it many times. I'll bet it reads "Lennox Furnace Company".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...