Columbia, SC

I have a friend that has been shopping Myrtle Beach for about a year. He just mentioned yesterday that I should go and inspect there, lots more turnover than there is here. Lots. If those are the typical fees I couldn't afford to live in my car on the beach.

For comparison, I charged my brother $350 for his 1000SF 1970 Mother Earth News-esque contemporary in the woods. That is a significant reduction in my rates for a comparable property.

You're a smart buyer. You do your homework.

Marc

Thanks, but I credit two things:

1. Repetition, this is our fifth or sixth move

2. Reading this site. You all are a wealth of knowledge. I enjoy doing a lot of work around the house myself, and I know now that things I have done in the past, while they worked - were done wrong. The house we sold in the DC suburbs to make this move is a better house because of the information this site provides.

Now, talking about pricing: We purchased the DC house a little over 4 years ago and if I remember correctly the inspection was $450 + the cost of the radon test. The house is 3800 sqft +/-, half on slab half on basement.