can these green and white pvc be used together

torridtiger

I am in the mold removal and control business in Costa Rica. I am from Minnesota but got to old for the cold. I know very little about plumbing or a/c units.

I just ran into seperated joints on the a/c water pipes in the picture. Can these color, type, pipes be used together for roof mounted chiller a/c units.? This is an 8 storey high rise condo project. Is this something that a special glue could be required? In Costa Rica anything goes and I want to help the builders get things right. They had a huge flood from the 8th floor to the 1 st floor because of this leak.

This pipe is either the cold water supply line or return line to the roof mounted units.

Thanks for the help.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013630141517_A%20pic%20803.jpg

43.45 KB

We are not familiar with the green pipe you say is PVC. Best practice would be to replumb the entire pipe run with copper. Why tempt disaster twice in a row?

In condo units here, plastic drain pipe, ABS or PVC, is not allowed, because fire can spread between floors by way of a burning drain stack. So there's a second reason to upgrade the plumbing.