Lots of fine cracks

Just along this side of this 1995 house there is a fine vertical crack about every 2 feet. From the inside, when I could find one, it was just this top area above grade where it existed. Watcha tink?

Click to Enlarge
tn_201378195535_2%20(1).jpg

75.98 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201378195559_2%20(2).jpg

75.56 KB

Holy crab, I hadn't thought of the cliff angle.

P.S. I live on the coast. Going to soar to 62 degrees today. I looked at a house for my son near Sacramento a week ago. Photo of me just after getting out of the attic around 1pm. 105 out. The bug guy wouldn't go in, just peeked from the opening. His report said it was too hot to enter Whoose. I'm 60, he were 33ish.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201379151459_IMG_20130628_131834%20(Large).jpg

83.44 KB

Holy crab, I hadn't thought of the cliff angle.

P.S. I live on the coast. Going to soar to 62 degrees today. I looked at a house for my son near Sacramento a week ago. Photo of me just after getting out of the attic around 1pm. 105 out. The bug guy wouldn't go in, just peeked from the opening. His report said it was too hot to enter Whoose. I'm 60, he were 33ish.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201379151459_IMG_20130628_131834%20(Large).jpg

83.44 KB

Working hard and sweating your ass off are all fun and "manly," until heat stress sneaks up and takes you out.

The attic is an important place to do a good job inspecting. Like it or not, an attic is a confined space and we need to keep that very much in mind, since there is no partner there with you.

By the time you realize the first warning signs of heat stress you're already in trouble. It happens real fast.

(Nuke plant heat stress experience story you don't care about, goes here.)

Sorry for the drift. I just felt it's an important reminder to consider.

It's true. I had my taste 30 odd years ago down in a hole setting forms. About the time you realize you're in trouble, trouble has had you firmly by the ass for several minutes.

I carry water; the first sign of dehydration is light headed/spaced out-ness. Drink up before you get there.