I present you my first S-vent

Denray

As silly as that plumbing looks, depending upon where it is located, it could be interpreted as meeting minimum building requirements.

IRC Section P3112 - Island Fixture Venting

P3112.2 Vent connection. The island fixture vent shall connect to the fixture drain as required for an individual or common vent. The vent shall rise vertically to above the drainage outlet of the fixture being vented before offsetting horizontally or vertically downward. The vent or branch vent for multiple island fixture vents shall extend not less than 6 inches above the highest island fixture being vented before connecting to the outside vent terminal.

Not saying this plumbing fixture does or does not comply, but I could see someone making the case that it does. Just some food for thought.

Why's a mechanical vent wrong? Should be air admittance cause the spring will belly up? They are in a zillion mfg homes.

They are allowed on manufactured homes but not on site built residential homes. In a non manufactured home an AAV needs to be used as they do not depend on a spring to work. Spring fails and sewer gas enters.....

• 1 month later...

As silly as that plumbing looks, depending upon where it is located, it could be interpreted as meeting minimum building requirements.

IRC Section P3112 - Island Fixture Venting

P3112.2 Vent connection. The island fixture vent shall connect to the fixture drain as required for an individual or common vent. The vent shall rise vertically to above the drainage outlet of the fixture being vented before offsetting horizontally or vertically downward. The vent or branch vent for multiple island fixture vents shall extend not less than 6 inches above the highest island fixture being vented before connecting to the outside vent terminal.

Not saying this plumbing fixture does or does not comply, but I could see someone making the case that it does. Just some food for thought.

The first time that sink over flowed it would cease to ever be a vent again with water trapped in bottem of pipe.[:-paperba