new father son project

That wil be fun, John. That body is weak in the door hinge department.

My son had one and it was full of small disappointments. He had the four-banger, which is a good little motor with a weak Aluminum cylinder head.

The fuel pump is in the gas tank. Drop the tank and put a new pump in it, eliminates that potential issue.

I remember I shimmed the door hinges with washers or plates. [:)]

That wil be fun, John. That body is weak in the door hinge department.

My son had one and it was full of small disappointments. He had the four-banger, which is a good little motor with a weak Aluminum cylinder head.

The fuel pump is in the gas tank. Drop the tank and put a new pump in it, eliminates that potential issue.

I remember I shimmed the door hinges with washers or plates. [:)]

Thanks for the tip.

Door hinges are good at this point.

You'de be surprised how sought after these Fox body Mustangs are. Especially the 5.0 5spd's. I paid 6k even for this unmolested one. It has appraised for insurance purposes at $9200. Shocked the crap out of me really.

I'm aware the build quality of these things is nowhere near top notch. It's just good old american V8 stick shift fun. Looks good, runs good and fun to drive. That's most of what matters to us.

interior shot (before it was cleaned up)

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013812121857_P1370325.jpg

53.85 KB