MOEN shower hardware

TimWhalen

I have tiled a shower stall in my house and currently in the process of installing hardware. I am not on site now but thought I would throw this out there.

I do have the instructions from the box. It is a single handle hot/cold valve and it has two white plastic inserts. When I was fitting the hardware the handle seemed to not fit as close to the wall as I believe it should. There is at least 3/4 inch from the wall plate and the back of the handle.

Something is not right.

Does anyone have a link to a diagram showing this install?

I have tiled a shower stall in my house and currently in the process of installing hardware. I am not on site now but thought I would throw this out there.

I do have the instructions from the box. It is a single handle hot/cold valve and it has two white plastic inserts. When I was fitting the hardware the handle seemed to not fit as close to the wall as I believe it should. There is at least 3/4 inch from the wall plate and the back of the handle.

Something is not right.

Does anyone have a link to a diagram showing this install?

Call the manufacturer.. I would suspect that they my be an expert on their hardware.

I see on youtube that these white plastic pieces on the Moen set are what you call scald guards. They basically are set where you want the temperature of the faucet.

I can not find where it says that you even need these at all.

In my case when I put them on, the handle protrudes too far from the wall. This does not seem right. It seems like there is too much space between the back of the handle and the wall plate.