Gravity opens sink faucet

Marc

black electricians tape will work more better that duct tape, and it is cheaper. find a used toilet tissue holder and an old 2"x3" from a mobile home from circa 1984 and 6 1/2' of universal hanger strap.

use a standard drywall screw (2") and small flat washer to fasten the strap to the ceiling. Then bend the strap over and down to a point directly above end of knurled knob. bend the end of strap over to blunt and prevent accidentally cutting fingers. apply tape. repeat as needed or desired.

Silly people! Just leave the lever fully open, in the middle, and then you can control the water flow using the stop valves under the sink. This has the added advantage of exercising the lower back muscles as well as regularly viewing the trap piping for leaks.

Or you could just trust that friction will likely remain stronger than gravity, especially as the lever in the closed position seems to be directly above the pivot point...but where's the ridiculous credential burnishing in that?

Buncha geniuses. Thanks fellas. I'll put these remedies in the report.

Seriously, it's like a wall switch. Should be oriented in such way that if the forces of gravity were to act upon it, it would be in such direction as to turn it off instead of on.

So this here faucet handle, if it becomes loose by virtue of age, defect or whatever and the almighty forces of gravity were to act upon it, it should be in such direction as to turn it off, donchathink?

Marc

Actually I installed one like that in our kitchen sink about two years ago.

So far ... it is still working.

Nolan,

are you sure it is not coming on in the middle of the night? Maybe the lever is just slipping down a little bit and SNAPS back when you enter the room!

Actually I installed one like that in our kitchen sink about two years ago.

So far ... it is still working.

Nolan,

are you sure it is not coming on in the middle of the night? Maybe the lever is just slipping down a little bit and SNAPS back when you enter the room!

You know ... I've been hearing some strange noises, but I think there is a damper controlling the the return SNAP noise. [;)]