Acrodry Base Coat

jeremygali

I'm new here so I appreciate the help in advance.

My client is looking to buy a new house that has a stucco issue. It has direct apply stucco two coat system over CMU/Concrete. The stucco base coat is pulling away or flaking away from the substrate. I have inquired about the product that was used and they tell me Acrodry Base Coat. I have been researching and cannot find much on this product. I am looking for the technical data information that would address in particular the manufacturer's recommendations for the surface preparation. I have not been able to find too much on this product. Does anyone know where I could find some more information on this?

Thanks,

Jeremy

I've never tried that. Thanks for your help. I thought this forum would be a little more professional. Evidently I was wrong. Stay classy.

For all the other posters that are more professional, any help would be greatly appreciated. All I can find on the product is the technical data sheet which is about 2 pages and not very in depth.

Properly prepared the Acrodry S Base Coat would work over CMU. The main use of the S product is to adhere EPS foam to the CMU. It can also be used as a parge coat to smooth a CMU or Concrete surface.

The Acrodry Base Coat is for EIFS installations, particularly over (bonded to) the XPS foam.

Verify the product type before committing to an opinion. Contact BASF for an area rep to look at the installation.

Your district sales manager is:

Ken Butler

P: 972-215-8525

Guys,

Thanks for your help. After more investigation, it is a concrete cast-in-place substrate. There is no reinforcing and it just looked like they used the Acrodry base coat (3/8" max thickness) and some type of finish coat. Based on all the literature I am reading, it appears that the Acrodry should not have been used. It seems like they should have used something with fiber or a combination of Acrodry and a reinforcing mesh. What are your thoughts? I would like some type of consensus before I make the final report.

Guys,

Thanks for your help. After more investigation, it is a concrete cast-in-place substrate. There is no reinforcing and it just looked like they used the Acrodry base coat (3/8" max thickness) and some type of finish coat. Based on all the literature I am reading, it appears that the Acrodry should not have been used. It seems like they should have used something with fiber or a combination of Acrodry and a reinforcing mesh. What are your thoughts? I would like some type of consensus before I make the final report.