Home Inspection Software

I am currently looking for a new inspection software program. The one I have been using has too many issues and fails far too often when creating the actual report.

Can someone recommend a good one that is easy to input, uncomplicated for the consumer to read & reliable?

Thank you,

Bill

Arizona Accurate Home Inspection Services

I use Whisper Reporter and also do testing for them on new features.

I started out using their first release called Whisper PI and started using Whisper Reporter when it was initially released about 5+ years ago. They often due multiple upgrades each year for new features. No charge for such or support. One time purchase price and that is it.

Customizable to whatever type of report template you want/need.

It is NOT "Texas Only"!!!

Whisper Reporter

Bill, what are you using now?

Keep in mind that your report or final work product ranks up with putting your pants on and brushing your teeth every day? In other words, if you screw up with a poor report you client and the real estate agents will notice. What are you wanting to invest in your software?

No matter what software you get, you are a fool if you use it right out of the box! You need to make your own by putting your own verbiage in it. Play with it and invest some time leaning the software.

I use HIP or Home Inspector Pro. Just tap on one of the links you can find on this site...

I would stay away from InspectVue and Porter Valley, the have issues and poor customer service.

Keep in mind that your report or final work product ranks up with putting your pants on and brushing your teeth every day? In other words, if you screw up with a poor report you client and the real estate agents will notice.

I agree, Bill.

If you're worried more about people who have less than a tenth of the training you do, are here today and gone tomorrow, and you are more concerned with becoming a hand picked lap dog inspector who does as he's told, rather than to improve your report for the folks who depend on your honest advice, you should stay the course and not rock the boat. (Insert sarcastic thingy here)

God help you if you incur the wrath of the almighty agent$

I use HIP or Home Inspector Pro. Just tap on one of the links you can find on this site...

I've only heard good things about HIP, but lately I wonder how much of it is spontaneous and how much is the result of incentives. On Facebook, Dominic is giving away three passes to an upcoming Las Vegas inspection conference. To be eligible for the drawing, you just need to leave a positive review of HIP Mobile for Android or iPhone at the app store. That's not right.

I've only heard good things about HIP, but lately I wonder how much of it is spontaneous and how much is the result of incentives. On Facebook, Dominic is giving away three passes to an upcoming Las Vegas inspection conference. To be eligible for the drawing, you just need to leave a positive review of HIP Mobile for Android or iPhone at the app store. That's not right.

I crossed over after using 3D for about 12 years. It is honest hype, Dominic and his team provide great service. HIP has a learning curve but it is not all that great. It is simple once you realize that it is nothing like your old reporting program! As soon as you overcome that hurdle life as a HIPpie is great!

I bought Inspect Express three years ago this December. I went with it because of how I could make the report look. I have yet to begin using it. I'm still using Inspectvue. I know Inspectvue gets a lot of knocks, but it is a super-stable program. I once had it on three machines. I'm down to using a version that I last updated in 2007, on a nearly 11 year old laptop. I can't update it or install it on a different computer because I haven't paid the subscription fee since 2007. That's how long I've been been planning on dumping it. I'm just so familiar with it, I keep putting off the change. I've needlessly put myself in a bad position. I've always figured that if I had a hardware failure, I could always pay the subscription fee and install it in a new machine, but with their reputation for bad service, that probably isn't the best backup plan to have.

And ... to the point of some comments ...

Whisper Reporter does not provide any pre-built comments.

They do software for an application ... they do not write comments that we inspectors are supposed to write.

As I noted above you can make their software do whatever you want for any type of report presentation.

As many have noted ... you need to learn the software and how to work with it.

Please don't expect any software to "write your report for you"!

• 4 months later...

I am a brand new inspector that is using HomeReport. It is the soft ware developed by AHIT. I'm having a lot of problems with crashing and freezing up. They have a new version coming out sometime this year. I don't know if I can wait. I'm definitely thinking about switching soon. I don't see any reviews for HomeReport anywhere. Has anyone on here used it?

All I can say is that I have trained a few of the inspectors that graduated from the AHIT school(Renton), and all of them have dropped it. All I can say, is that, I saw a copy of a finished report and wasn't impressed. I am sure that 50% of that was due to the newbie filling it out, but, still didn't care for the report look/layout.

All I can say is that I have trained a few of the inspectors that graduated from the AHIT school(Renton), and all of them have dropped it. All I can say, is that, I saw a copy of a finished report and wasn't impressed. I am sure that 50% of that was due to the newbie filling it out, but, still didn't care for the report look/layout.

Thanks Robert, I appreciate the input.

I been using HIPro for about 5-6 years and still wouldn't think of using any other program for Home Inspections. Dominick has always been and remains a gentleman, and is always helpful. HIPro is always improving.

• 2 months later...

I am just starting with the InspectIt Home Report software purchased from AHIT. I just sent an email requesting a refund. Using on an Android tablet, it freezes up each time I enter a couple items and the device needs to be rebooted to get back to the the main screen of the Android. Not acceptable!

I am considering other options now. Currently the ones I am considering are Home Gauge and HIPro, so far. I want easily embedded photos and possibly video/audio.

With those sorts of parameters, what experience do others have?

Thanks!

Tim

• 11 months later...

I made my own, using microsoft word I made a large detailed template for narratives and pics and then added hundreds and hundreds of text fill boxes and drop down lists of pre written narratives, it took me a very very long time to create the whole thing but it didn't cost me anything.

Do you have a sample report made from it?

Marc

I made my own, using microsoft word I made a large detailed template for narratives and pics and then added hundreds and hundreds of text fill boxes and drop down lists of pre written narratives, it took me a very very long time to create the whole thing but it didn't cost me anything.

Time is money!