Inspection Pricing

That doesn't bother me. I hate when the whole extended family comes and goes through out the entire inspection.

Next time I'm charging $10 a head.

The positive aspect of the presence of an extended family during the job is that you get a chance to become known by that many more people who may become clients. It's gotten me a lot of jobs through the years. Gotta say I love it.

I was letting go of some frustration that day. The woman was on my heels the whole time questioning everything, insisting she see the report before I show it to anybody else. She said she had the legal right since it was "documenting her property"?? She blew a fuse when I removed the access panel on the furnace afraid I was going to break the furnace. She started video taping me "in case we go to court". On and on and on. I was on the verge of giving up when the buyers showed up. Then she flipped on a dime and became Miss Congeniality just long enough for me to finish up. Maybe someone can start a thread of "Inspections from Hell" so we have a vehicle to blow off steam. It seemed to help me that day. After a few normal inspections I can now place it in context. Thanks.

I was letting go of some frustration that day. The woman was on my heels the whole time questioning everything, insisting she see the report before I show it to anybody else. She said she had the legal right since it was "documenting her property"?? She blew a fuse when I removed the access panel on the furnace afraid I was going to break the furnace. She started video taping me "in case we go to court". On and on and on. I was on the verge of giving up when the buyers showed up. Then she flipped on a dime and became Miss Congeniality just long enough for me to finish up. Maybe someone can start a thread of "Inspections from Hell" so we have a vehicle to blow off steam. It seemed to help me that day. After a few normal inspections I can now place it in context. Thanks.

similar situation with owner of an older home (retired engineer, I found out) Dogged me... real defensive, asking why I am taking so many pics? whats wrong with that? did I know he was an engineer? Does everything have to be brought up to 'code'? You know this is an 'as is' house don't you?

Anyway called me in a few weeks to do an inspection on home he was buying which I did.

Well fellas, that's what's bad about not being deaf. When I get someone like that, the battery in my cochlear implant suddenly goes dead and I'm like ehhh?, what?, say again?, can't hear ya, very sorry....

I get rid of a lot of talkative, intrusive people that way, mostly in stores, etc.

Marc