Angie's List Background check?

Ben H

Just got a call from "my" dude at Angie's List saying that if I wanted to be named a "Super Service Award Winner" again this year they are requiring me to have a background check done through them?

WTH is a an Angie's List background check? Curious if anyone has actually talked with them about this. I'll try to call tomorrow and get the low down.

Just got a call from "my" dude at Angie's List saying that if I wanted to be named a "Super Service Award Winner" again this year they are requiring me to have a background check done through them?

WTH is a an Angie's List background check? Curious if anyone has actually talked with them about this. I'll try to call tomorrow and get the low down.

I'm sure it will be for a "nominal" fee! Seems like I get a call from Angie's List every few weeks wanting me to upgrade my account with them so that I'm at the top of their list for my area... Problem is that I'm the only home inspector in my area on their list! I can't seem to get them to understand that I don't need to spend money to get to the top of the list!

My guess is that they are just trying to get more cash flow through their organization with the background checks. Now if they are free that is a different issue....

I don't know what they're going to charge you for it, but for a consumer, it's pretty much useless unless it's a one-man operation: "Angie's List will require a background check on the owner, relevant manager or principal of the business organization appearing on Angie's List." So the plumber working in your house won't have undergone a background check, but his boss back in the office will have.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 7864,d.dmg

I loathe Angie's List. They'll never get a dime from me.

http://blog.upboom.com/2010/12/28/6-rea ... slist-com/

I was dead set on joining up a few months ago but the contract specified automatic renewal. They said they couldn't remove that language from the contract so that was it. Now they pester me with Emails every week or so.

Their approach is hostile, like so many others.

Marc