Acrylic Tub Liner

Mike Lamb

I inspected a bathroom that obviously had a new liner installed on top of the tub. I have not seen this before or maybe I only noticed because of poor installation. It was a little spongy underfoot and there was some flex to the sides. It was leaking at the drain beneath it into the crawlspace.

I did a little Googling on the installation and did not come up with much. Have others had experience with this stuff?

I am writing the report and don't know if I should advise that the buyer should have this torn out.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013927142156_151.jpg

20.34 KB

They can indeed be done very well.. the installer uses a two-sided tape and the installation is all about the details and such..

If it flexes too much, it could crack.. tell the client to simply 'contact the installer about the flexing and find out about warrany issues'.

These systems can work perfectly for many years if done correctly..

They can indeed be done very well.. the installer uses a two-sided tape and the installation is all about the details and such..

If it flexes too much, it could crack.. tell the client to simply 'contact the installer about the flexing and find out about warrany issues'.

These systems can work perfectly for many years if done correctly..

This is a rehab/flip. New kitchen cabinets, granite counters, brand new appliances, shiny hardwood floors. One of the bathrooms had no hot water. One bedroom had a brand new fixed picture window installed. It never dawned on anyone that it won't open. Another bedroom had triple track storms for windows. The 30 yr old furnace doesn't work. The top layer of the three roof covers is a disaster. This is Chicago. Crazy.

My clients are a husband and wife in their 60s who have never owned a house. Very sweet people who don't own cell phones or a computer and who still trust people way too much.