Refresh my memory ??

I "think" I recall seeing a thread or maybe a comment or two in a thread here at TIJ about some of the new toilets.

I've been doing some searches and can't seem to come up with what I "thought" I read.

I found Chad's rebuilt toilet with the 7-gal flush and resulting fiber comments, but that wasn't it.

It seems to me that it may have been Katen who commented about a specific toilet that was "good".

I'm just trying to refresh the old gray matter.

Odds are Erby will come up with the search and post in a heartbeat.

Tnx in advance.

Google Maximum Performance Testing of Popular Toilet Models. Read all about the setting of the parameters and the weighing and measuring of a variety of stool samples. [:)]

If you just need to buy a good low flow toilet, the American Standard Cadet 3 is a cheap toilet with an awesome flush.

The first Cadets were poor performers in the lab, couldn't pass a condom full of soybean paste, so the engineers went to work and designed a way better model.

One word: Toto.

Do NOT buy American Standard H2O unless you love cleaning toilets. Water spot the size of an almond.

American Standard is better if you prefer not to splash when you pee.

What came first, Toto the toilet or Toto the band?

To the world, the toilet, to the USA, the band. A bit of trivia there 4U.

Just do remember to install them so that you might actually be able to shut the water off if needed.

This was a Toto in a $2.2 million house.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013102133416_ShutoffValveBlocked.jpg

30.68 KB

Looks like a Jacuzzi toilet. See how much room they give you to tighten the floor bolts behind that teeny ceramic door? Try getting a wrench or your hand in there.

Idiot, God-awful design.

Just do remember to install them so that you might actually be able to shut the water off if needed.

This was a Toto in a $2.2 million house.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013102133416_ShutoffValveBlocked.jpg

30.68 KB

Well, they must have been able to turn that on and off. How else would they have installed it and then turned it on?

Typical lazy plumber syndrome. What is it about these guys that they can't walk twenty feet to plumb something correctly without hacking into stuff with a sawzall? Does being around all those nasty toilets they have to reset give them some kind of toxic lazy syndrome?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Yeah, Toto.

Anything that can handle a Fabry load is good enough for the rest of us.

Yeah,

There's this urban myth that he once blew the back out of a cheap American Standard after attending a children's hospital chili cook benefit. He was leaving after eating when the urge overtook him. He went to the restroom to relieve himself and that's when he was involved with accidental damage to private property. One 10-year-old-kid sitting in the next stall was so traumatized that they later found him cowering in a hallway closet, covered in you-know-what, clutching a teddy bear and sucking his thumb.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Kurt, Mike.... you guys are some sick puppies. Funny. And when I say funny I sort of mean funny in the ha, ha way, but mostly I mean funny like the way when the guy in The Office says something so uncomfortable it makes your skin crawl a bit and the only thing you can think to do is laugh. Mike, Mike, Mike.

Yeah, Toto.

Anything that can handle a Fabry load is good enough for the rest of us.

Yeah,

There's this urban myth that he once blew the back out of a cheap American Standard after attending a children's hospital chili cook benefit. He was leaving after eating when the urge overtook him. He went to the restroom to relieve himself and that's when he was involved with accidental damage to private property. One 10-year-old-kid sitting in the next stall was so traumatized that they later found him cowering in a hallway closet, covered in you-know-what, clutching a teddy bear and sucking his thumb.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

BOOM .....

Click to Enlarge
tn_201310381051_ExplodingOuthouse.jpg

13.27 KB