Mold in Kitchen. Please help. Pics.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013101522558_image.jpg

37.12 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013101522564_image.jpg

44.49 KB

This crap is everywhere. At first I wasn't worried about it. But now I'm severely perplexed. I have attack this stuff with everything I have. Bleach, mold killer. Every time I dry the area out after cleaning, month later, it's back. Been going on for about a year. It's all over my the inside of my cabinets too. Can't find a moisture source anywhere.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013101523038_image.jpg

35.37 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013101523135_image.jpg

23.51 KB

Check your humidity levels. Likely a free standing dehumidifier will be needed depending on your climate. If it your temperatures are moderate so that the a/c is not running most of the time and you have high humidity, you need to dry out the air. Mold has to have food and water to survive in our homes. Since your house is made from wood, the only controllable variable is moisture. Your dishwasher, cooking, and even the refrigerator will produce enough to cause mold to thrive in a closed room. I'm betting you have a water leak or an opening to a crawl space or other moisture source though.

Yeah, I have A/C. But what are you supposed to do about that? This stuff is all over my eating area. I can't believe it's not in the LivingRoom yet. If it's in the vents, then I'm kinda screwed right?

Perhaps invest in a sling psychrometer to measure the relative humidity in the house. If it's over about 70% then your AC's not removing enough or there's humidity coming in too quickly from somewhere.

Marc