It looked solid!

It is getting to the point that you just can not trust what you are walking on! This was a walk-in attic and I had walked in about six or seven feet and then the floor just gave way under my foot! I spent the next few minutes trying to get my foot back out of the hole. Luckily I did not go all the way through to the ceiling below!

The second picture is of the upstairs attic and no I did not even attempt to walk in it! All of the holes in it were done prior to my visit...

Click to Enlarge
tn_20131029163843_DSCN7814.jpg

57.48 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20131029163930_DSCN7817.jpg

49.26 KB

That first photo...it looks like a large panel, makes it harder to figure where the joists are, even harder if nailing is sparse or completely absent.

Hazard of the profession.

You get injured?

Marc

Just a few scratch's on my leg. The hardest part was getting my dang foot back out of the hole without it pulling my shoe off! The ceiling below was a good three feet and full of blown-in insulation.

This is the hole after I pulled my foot out!

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013102918817_DSCN7815.jpg

40.58 KB

Looks like Herman Munster was walking around.

Scott, you know those bags of "fun size" Halloween treats you might have stocked up, for Thursday? Make sure the kids get them all. Don't be sneaking any of them. You might also want to consider a bran muffin over an eclair with your morning coffee. [;)]

That first photo...it looks like a large panel, makes it harder to figure where the joists are, even harder if nailing is sparse or completely absent.

You get injured?

Marc

Just a few scratch's on my leg. The hardest part was getting my dang foot back out of the hole without it pulling my shoe off! The ceiling below was a good three feet and full of blown-in insulation.

Click to Enlarge

40.58 KB

You know ... the authorities could be using those "prints" for some forensic intelligence gathering. [:-bigeyes

You get injured?

Marc

Click to Enlarge

40.58 KB

You know ... the authorities could be using those "prints" for some forensic intelligence gathering. [:-bigeyes

You can tell those authorities that hole was made by the one-legged roof beaver. Scott was just up there trying to take his picture. [:)]