A time to give back

I really enjoy having my own business and setting my own agenda. One of the things about being my own boss that I really enjoy is being able to use some of the profits to help others. Each year I help sponsor a "Penguin Plunge" on New Years Day in the Atlantic Ocean at Ocean City Maryland. Our plunge profits go to Atlantic General Hospital, specifically to help fund an emergency center for people hurt in the summer surf. I'm always shocked how many broken bones, including necks and backs, that happen in the surf. No, I am not asking for donations, just sharing with everyone something that I found that I can do that makes me feel good. And yes, I do the plunge too. Anyway, I thought if I can do this, than others may be able to take the fee from one inspection and help sponsor something in their own neighborhood that helps others. It makes great business sense - tax deductible and puts your business name out there in a different way that people can see you are a part of your community - and you really do get a good feeling by helping.

So go out and see what you can find to help with. And think of this fat old inspector jumping in the Atlantic Ocean this January 1! Man, does that make the hot chocolate taste great!

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013125182854_DSCN0118.jpg

44.96 KB

• 4 weeks later...