The World Famous TIJ Road Show

I don't at all agree that RE agents hold all the power though. It's a matter of educating the buyers. The internet is our best ally to that goal. We just have to figure out how to harness that power.

That's right. Before, we had nothing. For anyone that cares enough to carry through, social media can sidestep the 'zoids.

Reuben S. has done a good job of sidestepping. He's got a tidy little biz built on blogging.

for the moment I get to be the chief. this road show is more like Bain suggests. the watts model was good, but flawed because it was structured to be educational. the watts participants made it a great event. the mission statement will be more like this is what I think would be fun and help (me) learn more about this business.

Agents hold no power at all, unless we give it to them. And many of us do. It's more profitable to be a tick on an agent's advertising budget than to fund our own advertising to get our HI business started. That's why some of us market to agents - they have enormous advertising they use to buy/sell houses. They have access to the same clients as us so we short circuit advertising and hitch an unethical ride.

Push for legislation with strong language against collusion and force everyone to either go out of business or do it ethically by getting your own advertising.

Marc

I'm easy with whatever is decided.... For me education comes in many forms, heck today I'm going to be edgeumacated by doing a commercial draw inspection on an office building being built at the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville AL... I have never been to that military base (NASA is also located on the base) so I plane to spend a little extra time exploring.

It is amazing what you can learn from others, I would be open to just meeting at a location, sightseeing, eating and swapping half truths with friends. If we can arrange for some structured education, I could sit for a few hours if Les stays awake and does not snore.

And what about a Krav Maga seminar, for dealing with intransigent realtors or sellers? Those skills would have come in handy for Mike Lamb a couple of weeks ago.

Wow, as a Hungarian, I'm amazed anyone else (here) knows about such. I wanna sit next to Bain at the meeting.

Trust me, no you don't.

And what about a Krav Maga seminar, for dealing with intransigent realtors or sellers? Those skills would have come in handy for Mike Lamb a couple of weeks ago.

Wow, as a Hungarian, I'm amazed anyone else (here) knows about such. I wanna sit next to Bain at the meeting.

Trust me, no you don't.

Bring penicillin.

This is exactly why I will be forced to be stern and the symposium will be fun!

Douglas, San Fran would be nearly as nice as Detroit!

Trust me, no you don't.

Bring penicillin.

This is exactly why I will be forced to be stern and the symposium will be fun!

Douglas, San Fran would be nearly as nice as Detroit!

Indeed, but don't forget that Chad actually ENJOYS being punished. Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .

Firestone http://firestonebpco.com/education-trai ... -seminars/

met up with 13+ assoc. for this back in 2010

3 days of roof stuff is a bit much but, 3 hots & a cot, all day feedbag and individual rooms were much more than adequate!

they picked us up at the airport in a limo or shuttle...luck of the draw, dropped us at the hotel or taken direct to classes, shuttled back to hotel & we're on our own for nights except one night they shuttled us out for a real wine & dine steak feast

can't say enough about the most excellent treatment & the pro training was also good!

ar128476292668704.jpg

I'm easy with whatever is decided.... For me education comes in many forms, heck today I'm going to be edgeumacated by doing a commercial draw inspection on an office building being built at the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville AL... I have never been to that military base (NASA is also located on the base) so I plane to spend a little extra time exploring.

It is amazing what you can learn from others, I would be open to just meeting at a location, sightseeing, eating and swapping half truths with friends. If we can arrange for some structured education, I could sit for a few hours if Les stays awake and does not snore.

I had a nice tour of that place years ago... great 'rocket park' there.. !