Second Hot Water Coil Replacement in Apollo System

Mckeownce

I hope someone can give me advice regarding a heating problem I've encountered in my home. I have an old Apollo heating system (M-46-4.0, Serial #A9249816), and just had a local HVAC repair company come out to my house for another diagnosis/repair. The repairman stated that I needed to replace a cracked coil again - just two months after the first coil installation. I thought these coils lasted for years. Fortunately, I have insurance coverage for this unit, but this is getting old very fast, and a huge storm is approaching the east coast. Have these coils possibly been known to be defective?

I appreciate any advice you can offer!

Sometimes mechanical things just break! I put a new coil in my water heater not long ago and I had to replace it again in three months! The dang thing just cracked in half!

Try doing an internet search for the model and brand that you had replaced. If folks have had problems, I bet they have posted somewhere about it.

I hope someone can give me advice regarding a heating problem I've encountered in my home. I have an old Apollo heating system (M-46-4.0, Serial #A9249816), and just had a local HVAC repair company come out to my house for another diagnosis/repair. The repairman stated that I needed to replace a cracked coil again - just two months after the first coil installation. I thought these coils lasted for years. Fortunately, I have insurance coverage for this unit, but this is getting old very fast, and a huge storm is approaching the east coast. Have these coils possibly been known to be defective?

I appreciate any advice you can offer!

Insurance, heck, it should be covered under the warranty.