Quiz - what came 1st?

The images are small, especially on your cellphone. [:)]

The car is a '64 Merc, and the flag emblem on the fender makes it a Marauder with either a 390 or the whopping 427 under the hood.

The guitar is the cheaper line of Harmony archtops.

The freezer was full of frozen food, no serial but maybe some cereal? [:)]

It could be a Raymond Loewy design.

I'd like to think all three rolled off their respective assembly lines on the same day in 1964. But the freezer is probably older. Google is no help there. Here's a similar 50's fridge.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014126153421_fridge2.jpg

10.06 KB

And the famous Loewy 1934 Coldspot fridge

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014126153526_fridge.jpg

16.61 KB

I didn't realize that you were referring to the items in the photos in particular, compared to the items in general, but the first guitars were dated back more than 5700 years, so I would believe that the guitar came first, and the first freezer/refrigerator was invented in 1748 by William Cullen. Dual headlights I would imagine came later.

I didn't realize that you were referring to the items in the photos in particular, compared to the items in general, but the first guitars were dated back more than 5700 years, so I would believe that the guitar came first, and the first freezer/refrigerator was invented in 1748 by William Cullen. Dual headlights I would imagine came later.

You are correct, Steven.

Dual headlights appeared in Detroit, at least, on the 1958 models. But there might have been buggies with dual lamps on each side.

I mostly just wanted to post the pics.

Ambiguous wording can twist things different ways. Good practice for report writing. [:)]