Scuttle opening size

Robert Jones

"That said, I'm not in favor of including quotations from codes in my reports, mostly because they're mind-numbingly boring to read and because they often lose meaning and clarity when taken out of context."

Exactly. I find it confuses people. They glaze over. Tell them why it doesn't work in practical examples, they get it. Explain it with X's and O's, they curl up in a fetal position. Not everyone, but most.

For the mope that insists on arguing, use the code reference. One of the great joys of this job is deflating argumentative moron builders with a code reference. The joy is hugely enhanced by allowing them to argue and display their ignorane. Drop the reference on them after being reasonable and practical, you become one with The Gods.

I can relate to your philosophy of quoting code and it sure feels good to quote them at the most optimal times. I am very meticulous when I cite code in a report. For this particular case (scuttle size), I would not of cited code.