Jerry Lozier

25 year old metal roof on shop. Visqueen is shot,

Click to Enlarge
tn_201421811578_2500%20049.jpg

53.52 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201421812053_2500%20052.jpg

26.99 KB

My recommendation was a metal roof contractor remove metal and install vinyl face insulation batt (don't know what they call that type of insulation material)

Anyone have experience with spray foam on inside in this situation as am concerned about with wood under the foam or will that ever be a trapped (moisture) problem if all is dry when applied??

25 year old metal roof on shop. Visqueen is shot,

My recommendation was a metal roof contractor remove metal and install vinyl face insulation batt (don't know what they call that type of insulation material)

Anyone have experience with spray foam on inside in this situation as am concerned about with wood under the foam or will that ever be a trapped (moisture) problem if all is dry when applied??

Depends. What is it that they're hoping to achieve?

• 2 weeks later...

The real issue is air leakage through the ceiling into the attic. They might be able to solve the condensation by air-sealing the attic floor, and that might pay for itself in improved comfort and reduced heat loss. A sure approach is to remove the metal, install a solid deck, then re-install the metal over felt with new screws.

I would not spend the money to foam 25-year-old metal.