Welcome to my planet

Hoo-Boy!

Ever had a day start in such a way that tells you you'd be better off staying in bed? The day is just starting and I think I'm gonna hop back in bed and go awol.

So anyway, I make a pot of coffee, come in here and read the posts from last night, hear the coffeepot finish and go out to the kitchen to pour myself a cuppa. Whereupon, I pour the cup, put the coffee pot full of coffee in the cabinet where I keep the coffee cups, reach into another cabinet, grab the coffee can and begin adding sugar to my coffee. Only thing was, it wasn't sugar, it was coffee! [:-crazy]

I'm dumping the second spoonful of grounds into my coffee when something in my mind goes, "What the [:-censored]!" and then it took a second to register. [:-boggled]

Worse, I dump the cup, rinse it out and reach for the coffeepot, only to find it missing and it took me a few seconds of bewildered thought to remember where I'd put the danged thing. [:-scared]

Days like this are spooky. I'll be walking on pins and needles all day waiting for the other shoe to drop. [:-wiltel]]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Yeah, I know.

The guys in my platoon used to bust my chops over it. I'd be doin' something, go blank for a moment and say, "Dang! Forgot what I was gonna do (or say). I must be getting alzheimers disease." To a man, they'd invariably respond with, "Sergeant O, you're pronouncing it wrong. It's 'oldtimers' disease." I swear, I think it was a running joke with those guys and they'd rehearsed it as a line together. [:-irked]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike