ID this conduit

Marc

Click to Enlarge
tn_20143720440_012.jpg

47.25 KB

I've seen this many times but I don't recall seeing it used outdoors. Can't find it in the 08' NEC. It's not the usual liquid-tight.

My question is what NEC type is it and is it allowed to be exposed to the elements.

Thanks.

Marc

ENT- electrical non-metallic tubing. It is not liquid tight.

362.12 Uses Not Permitted.

ENT shall not be used in the following:

(1) In any hazardous (classified) location, except as permitted by other articles in this Code

(2) For the support of luminaires and other equipment

(3) Where subject to ambient temperatures in excess of 50?C (122?F) unless listed otherwise

(4) For conductors or cables operating at a temperature higher than the ENT listed temperature rating

Exception to (4): Conductors or cables rated at a temperature higher than the ENT listed temperature rating shall be permitted to be installed in ENT, provided they are not operated at a temperature higher than the ENT listed temperature rating.

(5) For direct earth burial

(6) Where the voltage is over 600 volts

(7) In exposed locations, except as permitted by 362.10(1), 362.10(5), and 362.10(7)

(8) In theaters and similar locations, except as provided in 518.4 and 520.5

(9) Where exposed to the direct rays of the sun, unless identified as sunlight resistant

(10) Where subject to physical damage