What do you call a ______________?

Rob Amaral

"locked" ...

Likely needs to be "unlocked" so it can be adjusted where the user wants it.

Find 'em like that most often at a final inspection of a new home construction. Builder has the T-Stat "restricted" so that it can only be turned up (on heat) a few degrees or turned down (on cool).

I advise builder to have HVAC contractor unlock the T-Stat or I provide them with the appropriate page(s) from the T-Stat manual to adjust same.

I've come across a number of T-Stats in homes that were still restricted and this was many years after the home was built. Homeowners seemed to be OK with it and didn't even realize it.

That is a though question.

What is that in Celsius?

Is there any other country in the world that is still using Fahrenheit? You guys cut me up. I like the map that shows 50 States with a blank between Washington and Alaska. [:)]

My map shows that area as "future expansion". A newer one shows it "exploit here"

What is that in Celsius?

Is there any other country in the world that is still using Fahrenheit? You guys cut me up. I like the map that shows 50 States with a blank between Washington and Alaska. [:)]

My map shows that area as "future expansion". A newer one shows it "exploit here"

If I recall, y'all tried that in 1812. Couldn't beat us in hockey either. [:)]

What is that in Celsius?

If I recall, y'all tried that in 1812. Couldn't beat us in hockey either. [:)]

You guys remind me of how Red Sox fans act after the chance happening of beating the Yankees.(Those are baseball teams. Another game Canadians claim to have invented.)

Fact is, you can't beat us at your real National game, your bacon is a tasteless round piece some sort of meat(?) other than bacon, and then yup, there's this Bieber kid. About the only things you've got going for you are your beer, the Toronto Maple leafs, and Brad Manor.

We understand the need to gloat when something goes your way but, don't push us. The only reason we don't bother making a State of that wilderness is because it would screw up the number of stars on our flag. And, we'd have to press one for EH, or Aye, or however it's spelled.

I think the rest of the world should follow our lead, learn to read a tape measure, and understand that water boils at 212 degrees.

As far as trading Bieber goes, I'd rather get Mayor Rob Ford in return. At least, he's funny.

Trade a young junkie for an old fat one?

Toronto wants our football team...the Bills and the Bieber for Ford sounds fair.

Watch what you say aboot the motherland, eh? I'm first generation American, my old man was born in Montreal.

This is about Fahrenheit, not fairness. And this is Rob's thread.

A fair trade is probably not gonna happen.

Rob Ford isn't very funny. John Candy was funny. Beiber is just a young goof.

Canadians play football on a bigger field and there are only 3 downs. The Bills would have to learn to run harder and throw straighter. [:)]