Six throw panel

mlparham

I recently inspected a 1960's era 6 throw panel that has been modified and was a little odd. It was no longer a 6 six throw, I think. In the pictures below you may be able to see that the feed from main lug to the lower section of the right bus has been disconnected. The two pole disconnect that I would expect to see feeding the lower section of the bus has been replaced with two sets of mini breakers.

How is the lower section of the right bus being supplied with power?

Click to Enlarge
tn_201431416434_Picture%20018.jpg

45.75 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014314164326_Picture%20019.jpg

50.4 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014314164344_Picture%20021.jpg

44.15 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201431416444_Picture%20022.jpg

35.15 KB

On the two top-most positions of the lowest bus, I see what seem to be a tandom breaker on the right and something else on the left.

Perhaps you have a clearer or larger photo with a better view of that 'something else' on the left. What is it?

I've never seen or heard of a panel-bus split three ways before.

Marc

I do believe breakers 9/11 are still feeding the bottom half. The pics are not very clear so it's hard to be certain. I do see what looks like two black wires going up and over the top of the buss.

The tandems in spaces 10/12 are a violation.

It's the twp black wires that Speedy sees that have me confused. They're not connected to anything.

On the two top-most positions of the lowest bus, I see what seem to be a tandom breaker on the right and something else on the left.

Perhaps you have a clearer or larger photo with a better view of that 'something else' on the left. What is it?

I've never seen or heard of a panel-bus split three ways before.

Marc

Marc,

At the left of the mini breakers located at the top of the right lower bus is a "Main Lighting" disconnect.