100year old crawlspace - well drained!

Les

This is a crawl space that is approx. 100yrs old. the orange stuff is iron slime from the natural spring. Water runs from this spot to the left and into a small pond that drains into a larger pond that then seeps out through the footing to grade.

The wood framing was mostly preserved by being underwater for the past fifty years.

btw - everyone was really animated that I dared discover this after all this time!

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014324173024_DSCN1641.jpg

56.13 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014324173134_DSCN1644.jpg

55.11 KB

This is a crawl space that is approx. 100yrs old. the orange stuff is iron slime from the natural spring. Water runs from this spot to the left and into a small pond that drains into a larger pond that then seeps out through the footing to grade.

The wood framing was mostly preserved by being underwater for the past fifty years.

btw - everyone was really animated that I dared discover this after all this time!

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014324173024_DSCN1641.jpg

56.13 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014324173134_DSCN1644.jpg

55.11 KB

More than once I've gone into places like that while the client exclaims "You're going in there?" I remind them that that's why I make the big bucks, then they laugh.